Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

PC at work...


I hope you all will forgive me another self-indulgent reflection on the tournament yesterday. It encapsuled one of those moments I really love, when you can see someone transitioning from being a student to a lawyer. Yesterday's finalists were people I had seen early on in the exercises and in other classes trying to understand the patterns and rules and tactics of trial work, with all the struggles that come with that. Then, yesterday, they were in court-- they really could have been in a trial, and done well. Their hard work, and the right place to do it, had paid off. Not much in this life has made me more proud, and the fact that a transition like that occurs is one of the great things about Baylor.

People can complain about how hard the program is and their individual grades, etc., but there is something going right around here. I know from experience that none of us came out of Yale Law able to do what Julie Ross and Aaron Mutnick did yesterday.

Comments:
Wouldn't a terrifying Grizzly Bear be a better symbol of PC success than Sugar Bear?

Besides, as the Squeeker would no doubt point out, we've seen Sugar Bear before.

If you're going to recycle, maybe Animal from the Muppets would be good here.
 
I was thinking maybe of creating an "M.C. Whiner Bear" character.
 
Wasn't MC Whiner Bear the original name used by Chuck D. of Public Enemy?
 
The CL's would like to recommend a Winer Bear, or a 'Rita Bear. I love Bad Bear's mascot,very clever.
I, however, do not seem able to get the cute little picture next to my posts. Oh well....on to the next adventure (Read: goofing off)!

Tyd: Congrats on the job! It's good to get out of the house!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#