Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

New Photos! No More Lego Guy...


For the next few days, I'll be posting some photos I took in the bristlecone pine forest at the Cedar Breaks National Monument in Southern Utah. It's a beautiful place-- high desert meeting an alpine climate at about 10,000 feet. Be ready for some energetic hiking, too-- at that elevation it really sucks the wind out of you. The bristlecone pines are some of the oldest living things on earth. The photo above, of course is not of a bristlecone pine, but I found it oddly compelling anyways.

Meanwhile, in Baylor news, it appears that the Board of Regents is disassociating itself from the Alumni Association, for reasons I don't really understand.

Comments:
That's an interesting piece of Baylor news. I'm not sure what other Baylor alumni think, but I never felt like I was part of Baylor University. In casual conversation included, I say I went to Baylor Law School--never Baylor University.
 
Hey, we want to see a picture of the new hairdo. Or hairdon't, whichever the case may be.
 
Did you make it to any of the national parks in Southern Utah (Zion, Bryce) or the National Monument? You were pretty close to all of them if you were at Cedar Breaks.

Kristin
 
Cool photos! I love hiking.

re: the other thing--power. Plain and simple. And really, really sad.
 
Do you remember the erotic sculture in the movie Harold and Maude? The picture sort of reminds me of that...
Maybe I should post this comment anonymously...
 
I'm really, really hopin' for pink in the new 'do.

Or purple. Hey, look at me...I'm a purple bunny! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#