Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Mollie McGraw: Criminal Defense Superstar!



Recent Baylor Law grad Mollie McGraw is rippin' it up for the public defender's office in Las Cruces, New Mexico. She's tried 12 cases and won 11 of them, which must be some kind of record for the defense side. I know defense lawyers who have practiced for many years and still not won that many.

Of course, I figured she would do well. She won my enduring affection in class one day when I was botching up the explanation of something or other. As I scrawled some nonsense on the board and then pointed at it while jabbering away, she raised her hand politely. I called on her, and she asked, "Professor Osler? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

And she was right-- it didn't make much sense. I knew she was going to do well, if she just kept asking that question (of people other than me). It seems like she has.

Comments:
I would have been floored if she WASN'T a superstar! No doubt, she's running double rings around opposing counsel. You go, girl!
 
No doubt Judge Robert Brack's respect for Baylor lawyers has grown - after all, his daughter is one of us, and now he sees Ms. McGraw tearing it up.
 
After seeing some of the incompetent prosecutors come through my office, it's no wonder a BU grad is winning most of her cases. Unfortunately for us, she's on the wrong side of the game. Alas, it goes to show that because of everyone else people are either being set free when they shouldn't or punished too harshly....all because we kick so much ass.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#