Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

I'm totally conflicted about the iphone...


The Apple iphone goes on sale friday, and people are already in line to get one. I'm kind of an Apple guy-- I have an eMac at home, an iBook for the road, and an iPod from each generation they have brought out. Part of my affection for Apple is that they seem to decide things based on ease of use rather than cross-marketing, in contrast to Microsoft.

So, am I getting an iPhone? Not right now. I'm conflicted about the whole thing. Here are the considerations:

Pros:

Combines phone and ipod functions
Can access the internet
Sleek design
Capable of holding all 345 phone numbers for IPLawGuy
Powered by a tiny magic sprite on a stationary bike
Can download songs from my iTunes library

Cons:

Slow internet speeds
Version 1.0 screw-ups inevitable
Small storage capacity means unit must "poop out" data into special can
Explosive "j" key

Comments:
I love my Mac and ipods, but I'm definitely holding off a while on the iphone. Apple makes great stuff, but it takes them a few generations to get things just right.
 
I would put the explosive "j" in the "pros" list, man.

I wish my phone's keys asploded and went boom.
 
I think that you are correct in not getting the 1G iPhone. Its already awesome, but there are just too many things that the first generation does not have and that Apple will have to fix in the second generation:

--No removeable battery
--Battery has to be replaced by Apple after 300-400 charges
--No iTunes aceess over wi-fi
--No voice dialing
--No instant messenger.

Resist the pull of the Jesusphone...wait for Jesusphone 2.0
 
How about Uhmmmm Planned obselesence? I( swear I LOVE my ipods but they have ALLL BROKEN!!!!!

then by the time it is time for a new one they do not make it anymore you have to get the newest latest one that not only stores music but also splits atoms, makes omelettes and hold 250K pictures. ARGGH!! that phone seems reallllllly cool but 600 dollars is just stupid, and you KNOW it will break.
 
I like my tunes to blast out of my big-ass Infinity speakers in my living room or the fancy ones in my car.

There was a time when "bigger was better" you know!
 
Definitely wait, the next version will be compatible with AT&Ts 3G network. The current phone only works on the EDGE network, which is quite slow.
 
Advice:
Wait until 2G, but then buy it, because it can be updated via iTunes
More Advice:
Put a Full Body-Bind jinx on yourself to stop yourself from getting it
-iharrypotter
 
Hey Bill has Infinity speakers I am BANNING them from the living room of our new house.... but they really made some noise.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#