Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

The Big Trial Adventure



Today in Practice Court we start big trials. In short, these are longer trials which follow a process of deposition-taking, interrogatory-sending, motion-making, screaming, and mutual recriminations if not the open exchange of gunfire. For some reaon, probably the stress, big trial brings out the best and the worst in students. I have seen people do wonderful things in the courtroom such as creating an elegant rebuttal on the fly; on the other hand, I have also had to break up a girl-fight using my hockey referee skills.

It's highly unpredictable how long these things can last-- sometimes we are done by 7 pm, and at least once I stayed to watch a trial to conclusion at 1:30 am. So don't count on me for much else the next few days...

Comments:
Remember, as a hockey ref, you don't want to break up the fight immediately because you need to assess penalties.

Which is a good lesson to apply to breaking up a girl-fight.
 
Utah is gorgeous I love that tree.
 
I recommend taping the girl-fight and then selling it on the internet.

Sick people pay to see that kind of stuff, man...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#