Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Why do the great ones always seem to die young?


One of the great things about being in New York is that I can pick up the paper at any newstand, instead of trying to get hot breaking news off the web or from MTV. Yesterday, though, was a terrible shock when on the front page I saw this article and learned the awful facts: Herbert F. Kornfeld is dead, at 34 years of age.

I really don't know what to say.

As many of you know, I have tried to model my teaching persona on a combination between Mr. Kornfeld and columnist Jean Teasdale, another of my heroes. When I have collected myself, I will try to come up with a fitting tribute.

Comments:
Osler I am really sorry your mentor guy died.

Nothing else to say.
 
I wonder who gets the Night Rider in his will?
 
Hey, I think I went to school with that guy's brother. Here's a picture of the two of us together (I'm on the left): http://blog.news-record.com/staff/outloud/archives/SeparatedatBirth.jpg
 
JEAN?!

Jean is my hero, too!

--the puffalover

P.S.: The cow creamer should always be at the top of any want list.
 
Yes, the Onion is interesting and "full of facts", such as the tragic & untimely death of Mr. Kornfeld, but does it ever run such brilliant articles as the Weekly World News' Garth Brooks Juice Diet?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#