Monday, May 21, 2007

 

The Razor Athlete of the Week: Brenna Margol!



There are a few things that really impress me-- for example, a good singing voice, or the ability to speak French. On that list, too, are those athletes who excel at a sport which gets almost no attention (especially those that involve snow or ice). I was perusing the website of the US Luge association when I happened upon this profile of champion sledder Brenna Margol. If you aren't from Michigan, this might not mean much to you, but she is the fastest female sledder in Michigan.

Plus she's a great student at Drexel in Philadelphia. If you want to know more, check out her website.

Next to luge, my favorite Olympic sport is the biathlon-- but how can you not love any sport that combines skiing and shooting a rifle?

Comments:
I'm a big fan of curling.

ERhine
 
Has anyone else noticed that you no longer boast of your Fig-a-Phone prowess?

Has the Fig-a-Fone gone the way of sticky tape and big telephones?
 
Some of us suspected he was making up that whole Fig-a-phone thing until he brought it to class.

The thing emits a horrible boinging noise.
 
Are you sure it wasn't the inflatable car safety restaint bag he has mounted in his office? It is nailed to a board and would probably emit quite a horrible sound if he tried to inflate it.
 
I have an unreasonable love of obscure sports. And let me tell you, Olympic biathlon is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. You'd be surprised how much the Italians and Norwegians hated each other. It was great.

And they have guns.
 
Biathlon rocks. Lets get a bunch of guys to cross country ski until their hearts are pounding and their arms are fatigued then have them precision target shoot. Interestingly, various types of athletes were tested on polygraphs a few years ago to check the reliability of the machines as an anti-doping measure. Biathletes consistently beat the machines because of their ingrained control over heart rate and breathing. I bet the Swiss would make good spies.
 
That would be the Strategischer Nachrichtendienst.
 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Winter Olympics.. I can watch just about any of those sports... luge, bobsled, that new thing that looks like a cafeteria tray.... skeleton??? My very favorite is figure skating. I love pairs and ladies men but I do not really like ice dancing.
 
"Ladies' Men" figure skating? Is that like Swanburg on skates or something?
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAH not that is my bad badb typing
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#