Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

The odometer flipped, and I didn't notice...

Sometime between 10 pm and midnight yesterday, viewer # 100,000 visited the Razor. I spent my evening listening to music with Bates and the visiting Bill Underwood, and by the time I went back online, it was up to 100,031.

I always miss it when the odometer flips, but there is something silly about those arbitrary markers anyways. Not that some visits aren't more important than others; I have always believed that not all moments are equal. Here, for example, are some of the more significant Razor visits I know of:

1) Tydwbleach, looking for my brother, first stumbles onto the Razor.
2) The first haiku posted by someone other than me.
3) Baker calls me on posting too much about myself (he was right).
4) Swanburg's Mom tells the story of her date with Meatloaf.

One of the things I love most about doing this is that it really isn't so much about me, but about the people who come on here and share a little bit. It lets me connect with my students in a different way, and lets them meet some of the other people I know. The comments I love the best are when IPLawGuy is talking to Tyd or Bradley Thomas or somebody-- these little conversations between people I know and appreciate. It's a place where sometimes friends gather, and that's about as good as it gets.

Comments:
I was right about something? That's notable in and of itself.
 
Honestly Osler I do not think you post too much about yourself.

But then I post way too much about myself, so.. how would I know?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#