Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

May 17, On Which I Attempt to Write a Post Like Poseur...



Though I have resolved to blog less about sports, I just can't help myself. Did you see the Spurs-Pistons game last night? I got so excited that I accidently broke off what was left of my right leg, and then was beating it against the table when the police came.

What got me so excited was the rule infraction that occurred with 12:13 left in the third quarter. As shown in the photo, Manu Ginobli was driving to the basket when former Terp Barron Davis apparently made contact. Ginobli got the foul but not the shot. Much of the crowd's attention was distracted when Doug Collins and Marion Barber came off the bench with Nunchuks and confronted Davis, who responded with pepper spray and a medieval mace, leading to a general scrum involving several other players, fantasy leaguers, and at least one well-known "hamburger clown." From my own view, it seemed very clear that Ginobli should have gotten the +1, and this may have been the difference in the game, which the Pistons ended up winning by only 14 points. I have now watched the entire game 4 1/2 times now on Tivo, and I'm pretty sure the refs blew it.

Comments:
The truly terrible thing is I immediately got ticked when you said 12:13 left in the quarter when quarters are only 12 minutes long. I would never make such a careless error.

I need professional help.
 
Of the many errors, I kind of thought having Manu Ginobli playing on the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx would be the one to set you off...
 
No. It's the minor things which get me. I'm actually ok with you making Baron Davis a Terp.
 
I am just SHOCKED to see that you have a TIVO GASP!!!!!!!

I miss mine but we are gonna hook it up soon to the cable stuff we have right now we are surviving on the Comcast fake TIVo DVR

life in Wilsonville
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#