Thursday, May 10, 2007

 

It sounds like things are OK with Tyd, but Donut is having some problems...


For those of you who don't read the comments, Tydwbleach, whose house blew up a few weeks ago, has been providing some updates. One of the more interesting tidbits, I thought, was this description of her appearance at the Mother's Tea at Spencer's school:

First of all my house was blown up and I wish that could be an excuse for the way I looked, except I looked this weird BEFORE my house blew up. I am in a transition period I think. Today I went to the mom's tea in a wrinkled lime green shirt, and sandals and a skirt. I had a band aid holding my glasses together. I had this crazy hair because I have crazy hair anyway but also because I spent half of the day in a dealership, and the other half rummaging through my former belongings.

I don't know about you, but if I was at a school function like that, this is the person I would want to sit next to and talk to. I can relate, since the men in my family (including me) tend to go to this kind of event looking like "Jim" from the old TV show "Taxi" (pictured here).

For those of you who don't remember "Taxi," but do attend Baylor Law School, Jim was similar in a few ways to Prof. Bates, beyond the fact both went to Harvard.

Comments:
They all said "Oh you are Spencer's mother!!" and I just said "Yes, but I look more like Spencer's Crazy Aunt today...."

I think you hit it exactly correctly. I was exactly that JIM guy on Taxi.. I even was mumbling and trying to hold a conversation while Spencer was covering himself in chocolate frosting and Donut was stealing art supplies and then trying to fence them to unsuspecting toddlers and their Tea Leone Look Alike Soccer Moms.

"Psst hey kid, Come here... (opens his bright blue weather tamer) I got sidewalk chalk, two for a dollar, tempura paint the good stuff - I got puffy paints, invisible markers, (and not those cheap ones from the Dollar Store) I got beads, glue, paste, glitter and construction paper...."
 
Tyd-- Don't mention Tea Leoni around IPLawguy, ok? It makes him cry. He really messed up that one...
 
Reverend Jim was the BEST, waaay better than Latka any day.

I am starting to worry about Donut.
 
Yeah... I let Ben Stiller come between us back in 1996 when they made Flirting With Disaster together. Even Lily Tomlin felt sorry for me. She tried to warn me that Ben would attempt to steal her away. Alan Alda, Mr. Sensitive, was no help though. He just wanted to get high and listen to old Pink Floyd LPs.
 
IPLG--

Dude, that is so sad. I'm so sorry.
 
I LOVED that movie FLirting with Disaster...


All except the part with the armpit licking that was gross.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#