Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Quote of the day...


Today in practice court, I heard a nice little assault case involving one Shawnee Sweetwater. There were some fun flubs, too. The prosecutor opened her (otherwise good) cross of the defendant, for example, with "Good afternoon, Sweetheart."

The defendant, for his part, had the quote of the day. On direct examination, his attorney was questioning him regarding a gun found in his house and a bat in his Jeep:

Q: So, did you have your bat in the Jeep?
A: Yes.
Q: And why was it out?
A: I was expecting to go to the firing squad later that day.


Kind of negative and fatalistic, Sweetheart! He meant to say he was going to the batting cage.

Comments:
And it's entirely possible that I had the "Inadvertent Extraneous Comment For the Day," with my relation of the stalker and the knife. I'm still not sure why that made Miss Ross have hysterics....but at least it was a good laugh...?
 
I always miss the good parts because I have to leave early.

Stupid ADR at 3:30.....

Stokes
 
Spencer keeps his bat in his Jeep, too, but not for 'The Firing Squad.' He uses it to dig up all of my tulips and daffodils in the front yard.
 
The cold that I got rid of last week, that I had had the previous two weeks, is now back and I have it again. I had one cold-free week, but now it has reappeared.

Good news, though... the garbage disposal is fixed. It was not broken, but a screw fell in it and jammed it.

I 'm really sleepy. Spencer is due home from preschool any minute and he is gonna want me to read to him, or do a puzzle with him, or get out the slip and slide even though it is 47 degrees today. I read him like 19 books a day. I am groggy but I can recite a lot of them from memory. This will serve me well today.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#