Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

Adventures in PC (Practice Church)


As some of you may know, in class I can take myself a LITTLE too seriously. It's true. I get wound up on some topic and, uh, it gets a little too far on the pretentious side. It doesn't help that I teach topics that lend themselves to moralizing.

Anyways, a few years ago about this time of the year the graduating students had a celebratory dinner where they performed skits parodying some of us. There was an excellent one about me called "Practice Church," in which I had assembled a new PC curriculum based on church-- complete with minisermons, etc. Apparently, they had me assigning memos for liturgical errors and mispronounciations of biblical names. I'm pretty sure the legendary Eric Nordstrom was involved. It sounded great; I only regret that I didn't get to see it...

Comments:
We called it Libel Night at Marshall-Wythe. It was pretty nasty at times
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#