Monday, April 09, 2007

 

I'm very hungry


You might think this wouldn't be a problem for a guy with a cheeseburger for a head, but if you think about it, eating one's own head isn't the solution to anything.

Anyways, I'm starving. I ate all four Slim Jims that the Unitarians left, plus one of the tapes, and it hardly made a dent. I fear that I may be pregnant.

Which brings me back around to the restaurants we need here in Waco. Sadly, our last discussion devolved into a debate on what new chain restaurant we need. That's not what I'm after, really. I propose that people come up with a whole new restaurant concept that will help PC students in a hurry to get proper nutrition. I have two ideas, to get things started:

1) Slurry

This would be a new restaurant concept utilizing converted gas stations. You would pull up to a pump, hungry and in a hurry. The attendant could pump pureed food directly into your mouth using the old gas pump.

2) The Flying Taco

Instead of waiting at the slow drive-through, this would involve calling ahead, placing your order, then the workers would toss the food in your window as you drove by. Or maybe they could even use a small cannon or slingshot to shoot it in there.

Comments:
I'm glad this topic came back up, as Iplawwife REALLLY wishes there was some place in the City of Waco that served Diet Coke, as opposed to Diet Dr. Pepper. She did NOT believe me when I went out to get drinks at a Baylor Basketball game and returned sans Diet Coke. But it's true! The only choices were Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Sierra Mist and something called Big Red.

Diet Coke Afficianados would understand. Or so I'm told.

So whatever you come up with, make sure it has Diet Coke. And if she gets pregnant again, make sure its caffeine free!
 
IPLawGuy--

I can explain this to you again with diagrams and stuff, but it wasn't Diet Coke with caffeine that made IPLawWife pregnant.

Only Big Red has that kind of mojo.
 
I once asked for Big Red here in Kingman, AZ, and the bewildered waiter returned with a can of Big Red Chewing tobacco. He told me, with a caring tone, "Yer s'pozed ta chew it; it don't work if you smoke it."
 
Actually, it was probably the Sangria at the Tapas restaurant
 
See, I was gonna go with just having each PC student fitted with a shunt on day one of PC. Then they could just hook up to IV's during class and take their nutrients that way. Slap a couple port-o-potties in the corner, and run a hose up through the window to knock the stink off of 'em every couple of days. They'd never have to leave the room.

The V.R.
 
V.R.--

That's a pretty great idea.
 
I had an idea for a sort of a restaurant a few years ago. It was called The Cerameteria. You make your coffee mug out of clay and fire it and then you get coffee out of it. They would serve all of the stuff that a Starbucks does. I wanted to seriously start one in the back of our guitar store. Bill did not like this idea. Since then I see versions of the Cerameteria popping up everywhere.

They stole my idea.
 
Tyd,

See my comment about my Grandmother and her mom painting china in their house in Minnesota a few strings back...
 
Anybody remember "The Kentucky Fried Movie" from about 1977 or 1978? I think Jon (sic?) Landis had a scene in there about fast food restaurants and solving the energy crisis...

Would this work in Waco?
 
TT-- I do remember the "Kentucky Fried Movie," which was in the "Movies by people who were stoned the whole time the film was written and shot" genre. But, I don't remember that part.
 
You may want to get with Bates on the Flying Taco concept. He debuted the Flying Burritos in our LARC I memo assignment (way "back, back, back" as Serr would say).
 
No, no, no, B-- the Flying Burrito brothers are a band, not a restaurant. Bates has several ancient vinyl disks containing their music.
 
Did the Flying Burrito Bros. have more than one Album? I always thought they were like Rockpile -- lots of solo projects by the members and lots of live dates, but very little recorded material.

But I never got into that California Stoner/Surfer mellowed out crap anyway.
 
Yeah, but you were the one to turn me on to Rockpile, and your description of them is spot-on.

Their stuff - both solo and group - is available on the iTunes Store, fwiw.

Agree with you about the Cali surfer/stoner stuff.
 
I think what you need is Pierce's. Yeah, yeah... Texans think barbecue = brisket, but at least they don't think it's a verb.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#