Monday, April 23, 2007

 

Here's the restaurant we really need in Waco!



I recant my prior plea for a Pappadeaux's in Waco-- what I really want is a State Street Brats. This photo was sent to me by "B", who apparently stumbled upon it (or into it) while visiting Madison, Wisconsin. It's a place that serves giants brats and stuff like that, contributing to Wisconsin's legendary collective girth and sense of fun. Someday, I hope to hunker down in a booth with IPLawGuy and the Medievalist, preferably after a football game, and eat myself into a stupor.

State Street Brats has the advantage of being in Madison, Wisconsin, the town that also gave America another great cultural institution: The Onion, which I often refer to simply as "The Paper."

Comments:
It looks like a pancake house I ate at in Gatlinburg when I was there in 1978 for a high-school debate tournament. Or sort of fakey-Swiss, which makes sense if it's a brat house.
 
I'm in. Brats are the stuff that life is made of, which is about as disgusting an image as I can possibly imagine. A nice cold day in October, a little football, a brewski or two and brats. Do we have a date yet?
 
I'm in! ROADTRIP!!!!!!

Too Bad the Green Monster was sold to create metallic skirts for Michael Jackson's backup singers during the mid 80's.
 
Swissgirl-- Are you sort of fakey-Swiss, or real Swiss? Can we tell by looking at your trim?
 
BTW, its mock tudor in style I believe.

Swissgirl, I hope you're not implying that the Pancake House was real Swiss.

This does remind me of a Swiss restaurant where the Prof. and I had dinner at Lake Tahoe, however.
 
Uh, Anonymous: Yes, no, and no comment. IPLG: no. You and the Prof really get around!
 
Just wondering if you actually made a "So I Married An Axe Murderer" reference-or if I'm making that up (b/c it's one of my absolute favorite movies & I used to quote it every once in a while, but no one ever caught it.) If you did-you rock. :)

(Refering to the Onion as "The Paper"-in the movie, the Weekly World News was "The Paper")
 
The Paper is now available in newstands here in Washington, DC
 
Anonymous 9:02--

No, I have never seen that movie. What's wrong with you? Do you have a head the size of Sputnik?
 
Yes-it's spherical, but quite pointy in parts. And now, with your insult, I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight on my huge pillow.
 
What KIND of pillow? If it's not Scottish, it's crap!
 
i've been there! yes, it's a great place...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#