Monday, April 30, 2007

 

Criminal Concentration



Somehow, the term "criminal concentration" sounds like what we might call it if you could boil down pure evil criminality into some kind of viscous liquid, but at Baylor Law it means that your degree marks you as having a specialty. A lot of people graduated Saturday with that concentration, more than the rest of the possible concentrations (civil trial law, business law, limericks) combined.

This is photo of me with Alicia Nix, one of the people I always loved to see in my criminal law classes when I walked in the first day. I'm not sure students know how much we appreciate a student (like her) who works hard and is always prepared, but we really do.

Oh, and Tyd-- what I did after commencement was go to New York. I'm in New York right now, working on my book. I have the perfect room, too, with a good library right downstairs and lots of interesting people to advise me. I have 180 pages done, and will probably finish by July. Woo hoo!

Comments:
what is the book about?
 
An unsolicited recommendation --> You should have dinner one night at Kittichai in SOHO(60 Thompson St.)- it was quite good the last time I was there. This presupposes, of course, that you like Thai food. If not, try the Gotham Bar and Grill (12 E. 12th St.), but bring you wallet - it ain't cheap.
 
Defender-- You would like this book. It's called "Jesus Christ, Defendant," and it analyzes the trial of Christ as a death penalty process. There are a few chapters available at www.ssrn.com (just search for my name). I have about 190 pages done, and 60-some to go...
 
I just still can't believe that you prosecuted Jesus. Sheesh.
 
Are you staying in NYC until JULY to finish your book? that is a looong time in a hotel.
We have been here two weeks and we are going crazy.

Today we had Deja Vu.... because the ins co totaled both of the cars, we went to the dealer the same guy and bought the exact same van we had. We got the huge rebate and the employee discount thing ( my half brother is an engineer for Daimler Chrysler) and all of that stuff so it was almost the same price.

So at least one thing is back. Still trying to figure out the blackberry.
 
"Criminal Concentration" sounds like a tv game show for convicts. "So, Mr. Torrio, name three controlled substances for which you might be prosecuted in Federal Court. You have twenty seconds to answer, please be sure your answer is in the form of a question." Give my regards to old Broadway. And don't forget the Penthouse steak place.
 
The Medievalist-
I love your game show idea! Our Criminal Practice final would have been more thrilling as a game show called "Criminal Practice Concentration".

However, your sample question is a bit easy, how about this one:

For which Federal and Kansas State Crimes can the Wicked Witch of the West be prosecuted? (include all crimes comitted under her alias, Almira Gulch).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#