Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

Sacramento!


Tomorrow I head up to Sacramento to meet with the Seale-Warner-Sullivan-Coffman-Tanner mock trial team and co-coach Gordon Davenport. I'm not exactly a Master of All Media, but there was an article about one of my cases in a Sacramento paper last year; check out the photo the photo they ran taken by Larry Bates (who neglected to tell me my collar was up). I doubt this will get us better tables in restaurants or anything.

The case referred to was in the 9th Circuit; I argued there on June 13th and then the next day in the 8th Circuit, sitting in Omaha. I have to say, arguing Court of Appeals cases back-to-back was a real kick (though a strategic nightmare). I was able to do it with the help of some of my students, including Dustin Benham, who flew up and met me in Omaha to brief me on last-minute case developments. It was this 8th Circuit case that is the subject of our current cert. petition to the Supreme Court.

I find mock trial tournaments kind of frustrating-- there is nothing you can do as the coach except wait outside and wring your hands. But, man, I'm really good at that.

Comments:
They should be. Davenport eats them two at a time, you know.

Well, yeah, you do.
 
You are really rockin' that Miami Vice look, Osler. All you need is a tan and some $600 loafers with no socks.

Now THAT is stone cold lampin.
 
I don't think the Miami Vice guys wore rumpled linen collared shirts like that-- but I do have that coat with me here in California.
 
Good luck to the team. I wish I were there!! Mason's 916-492-1960 looks a great place to eat. Keep me posted.
 
Good Luck! May we both be victorious, I am trying to potty train Hank. Maybe I'll get him some monogrammed pullups. Go Team!
 
vitriolic diatribe -

Are you living in Sacramento? When did you graduate Baylor?
 
Yeah!! Best of Luck!
 
Yeah!! Best of Luck!
 
Mrs CL Your HANK is potty training? My SPENCER is also!!!

WE are about half way there I woudl say, gotta love pullups
 
"Lobsters I am coming for you! You have been warned."
 
Tyd:

I feel like we are on the same page w/ kiddos, etc...

my email is margaretmanske@grandecom.net if you ever want to vent about toddlerhood. Huggies unite!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#