Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Oh, so now you want an extension, eh????

As previously noted, I have a petiton for certiorari currently pending before the U.S. Supreme Court, in the Spears case. Today, Dustin Benham sent me an email noting that the Solicitor General has asked for (and received) an extension to file the response.

I'd like to think that they needed an extension because our logic has them twisted in knots, but I suspect it could be that the SG is simply waiting to see if the Court's as-yet-unreleased opinion in U.S. v. Claiborne resolves our issue one way or the other. Or maybe it is under the bazillion other cert petitions being filed...

Comments:
As Guinn might say, I think the SG just wanted to review some more movies.

-B
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#