Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

Maybe it is time for some changes at the Razor...


Some of you have been asking about the picture of me that accompanies the blog. In the photo, I am not in my normal workaday clothes-- rather, I was dressed up for a law school commencement. The sash, you will notice, is the ermine color associated with the law degree at such events; the gold "M" obviously is for "Mark," my first name. With such an outfit, I often sport a monocle, so as to read the names of graduates, and a top hat is also appropriate.

I'm kind of cranky. For practice court this afternoon, I had the minitrial of Blutarsky v. Wormer, and "You Know Who" (I can't use his name because he is becoming angry and possibly litigious) played the plaintiff. The whole "What am I? A zit!" demonstration as part of the direct examination was good, though.

I'm begining to think that I might want to change the tagline for the Razor. That whole business about drivel and haiku is getting kind of stale. How about one of the following? I value your opinion.

1) "#1 in Celebrity News"
2) "Your source for complaints about Practice Court!"
3) "Bloviating about meaningless events since 2006"
4) "From Waco to Malibu"
5) "Pedagogy as pathology"
6) "Now Owned By The French!"

Comments:
Cheer up cupcake! The sun is shining, the bluebonnets are blooming, and Haiku continues to inspire. And even YouTube messes up, the background music is wrong for their clip, it should be Sam Cooke's version of Wonderful World. Long live Mandy Pepperidge! Besides, I really like the tag line, it always makes me smile.
 
I like the bloviating one.
 
Why not go Latin? Nobody is currently using, "Dei sub numine viget," or at least those are the arguments I hear coming out of New Jersey.
 
I'm pretty sure that "Dei sub numine viget" is a registered trademark of Princeton University.
 
What does bloviating mean?
 
How about: "Providing a forum for Tydwbleach, a Federal Magistrate Judge, a few bored practicing attorneys and a bunch of law students who have gone stir crazy."

So that's an "M." Here I thought it was a "3" signalling your allegiance to Dale Earnhardt.
 
Dale Jr. can rot in hell!
 
Well, that's kind of rough, but I agree with Teresa, Dale Jr. has to decide if he wants to be a personality or a race car driver. His Daddy would've rather raced than eaten. He had to work his way up from nothin'. Dale Jr., well he's good, but he's no Intimidator.
 
I like "Now Owned by The French!"

Seriously Osler THIS is not drivel.... what I write is true drivel.

Hey I quit the Nerd Patrol today! I am again a free agent. Time once aga9in for more of the Job search crap. Such an improvement from my Home Depot / toddler crap.

I love your blog, even though I never understand much of that legal mumbo jumbo....
 
Why don't you combine numbers 3, 4, and 5: "Pedagogy as Pathology: Bloviating about Meaningless Events from Waco to Malibu since 2006."
 
Actually, that title I just suggested sounds like the title of a grad English paper.
 
I vote for IPLaw's suggested tag line!
 
Thanks CL!
 
Haiku substitutes:
1. Suggestions for "Inventions"
2. Made-up Words we would like
3. Things we don't know, but should
4. Anonymous "Dumb Things" we do
5. "Confessions"- with Immunity
6. "Wish I Had Not..." -w/immunity
7. "Wish I Had ..." - w/immunity
8. "Things I did at 16"-truthful
9. "No One Knows About Me..."
10.Several different blogs !!
~~~ Wakoan Forever ~~~
 
Instead of Haiku (some comments only the originator knows), maybe write lyrics for a SONG--that seems to be where the money is. OR,
a "REALITY SHOW" !

~~~ Personal Shopper ~~~
(today only)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#