Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

It's in the sky...



I took a lot of photos from my cool balcony out in Alpine, and lots of them turned out terrible. As usual, the problem was that my camera was pointed at the wrong thing-- I usually am interested in the contours of a town, but out there what I needed to be seeing was the sky. So I finally adjusted my perspective. It's funny how we can keep looking in the familiar places for what we want, no matter how many times we are disappointed. There are rewards in a change of viewpoint.

The lecture in Midland went great. I really enjoyed the audience, from the federal bar out there-- there was a lot of laughing, and not all of it at me. My topic was ethical withdrawal from a criminal case, and it turns out this is an issue nearly everyone has wrestled with.

Back here in Waco, I'm looking forward to Minitrial 2 in Practice Court-- things get better.

Comments:
MT 2 is better? Do you promise? Because it really, really needs to be better than MT 1.

On the other hand, at least for me, it almost has to be.
 
"My topic was ethical withdrawal from a criminal case, and it turns out this is an issue nearly everyone has wrestled with."

I have heard of this recently. I cannot remember where but I do watch too much Court TV. Its gonna bug me all day now. I guess the lawyer heard enough from the client and decided he could not represent him.
 
Tyd---

Was it that guy in Michigan?
 
Beautiful sky; beautiful photo.
 
Hmmm I know I saw it on like DATELINE or 48 hours Mystery or COURT TV or something like this.... I cannot remember.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#