Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

It's that magical day-- Haiku Friday!

It’s been quite a week. On the positive side, though it is hard teaching four classes this quarter, they seemed to get off to a good start; following Hulitt Gloer in Oral Advocacy was a particularly wonderful and humbling experience. On the down side, my new Baylor Law sippy cup apparently has a design flaw that allows some coffee to spill it out if I carry it around upside down.

But, finally, it is Haiku Friday—a time to kick back, relax, and communicate in a highly abbreviated and efficient form. With efficiency so often comes elegance, as the refinement of words whittles broad thoughts to a single reed. In that spirit, I offer this week’s haiku.

A day shall yet come
In the time after all time,
When Bates cuts his hair.

Now it is your turn. The last two weeks have been won by anonymous entries (good job, “Fat Kenny!”), but if a named individual wins this week, they may win a free right-side-up Baylor Law Jumbo Mug.

Labels:


Comments:
Sippy Cups are huge,
Where is my own HazMat team?
Don't feel safe to drink.

I cannot believe
That Peyton won Super Bowl
Hell frozen over.

Back to work for me,
pages and pages to go
PC is no fun.
 
I blame Misty Keene
and Her Haiku of Ms. Smith
Shame lead to her death
 
Anna Nicole, what
a sad girl you must have been.
Custody battle.
 
Sippy HazMat team,
Skeletal models walk down
Runway of lost dreams.
 
iplawguy nuts
convertible in winter
beware snow coming
 
After a brief haiku sabbatical, I tender these jewels of thought:

No Coffee For Me.
Just Diet Dr. Pepper.
Must Wake Up For Torts.

Valentine’s Madness.
How To Stun Someone Special?
Please, Don’t Break My Heart.

Hawkeye And Radar
Taught Beal About Korea.
Jocularity.

Bought Shoes Off eBay.
Non-Stop Ridicule From Friends.
I Do Hope They Fit.
 
Facebooks New Feature
Now I feel really fatty
Only got ho-hos
 
Ha ha iplawguy! I hear that the Krispy Chicken place in Mexia has been crawling with reporters. That little town does not know what hit it!

My old Haiku in Memorial:

Anna Nicole Smith
Fried Chicken in Mexia
That's before TrimSpa
 
Ms. Smith; welcome at
the Health Camp, not the Elite
That is for Elvis
 
Giant Plastic mug
Your PCBs leach and ooze
death in my coffee
 
Anna Nicole and
These new sippy cup thingees--
The week of giant jugs.
 
Moot court problem out.
Hurried days of work ahead.
Court room, here I come!
 
10:58,
Laughing out loud.
 
Regents meet today
They take away my parking
I park in the grass

I paid for my space
Law school does nothing to help
I am very mad

Law school was doing well
In changing their bad image
Step forward, steps back

Books on second floor
To do ALR research
But no chairs around

All taken for lunch
Should I stand to do research?
My legs get tired

Should I curse regents?
Or should I curse the law school?
Who gave the f-you?
 
Ad superbium:
With such shiny cars and trucks,
Could we not park here?

Security check!
Alright, your bling suffices.
Have some olive bread.

Please, regents think they’re
All cool, but it was I that
Got FREE leftovers.

With big big noggins,
Always the same for fatties:
Tiny tiny hats.

That last one did not have anything to do with regents. Not consciously.
 
Oh Great Joy!, Jay-Z
When Ty-Ty maced R-Kelly
No gun, no remix
 
I nominate 10:58 for this week's award.
 
Week of giant jugs
Set goes bye-bye, other stays
Wrong ones go bye-bye
 
Mexia is in need
We must send them our huge jugs
Perhaps a statue?
 
Astronaut assault
Gold-digger's untimely death
Texas women rock!
 
Giant sippy cup
You only have one handle
I really need two
 
hooray for crack! yay!
coffee--for sure--makes my day
brown liquid uppers.
 
PC week one, done
So far? Surviving, kind of
Only eight to go
 
What's wrong with Bates' hair?
It boosts his rock star status...
I've seen the "pre" pics!
 
Beauty bathing in the mist,
Bird in hand, two in the...
wait that's Bates!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#