Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

My Dark Suit


This morning I will be going to the funeral for Susan Kendrick, a librarian here at Baylor Law for many years.

I miss her. She was one of those wonderful people who served with joy. She often was preceded by a book cart, and that is a wonderful image for those of us that love books; and she had a ready smile and quick laugh even as her cancer became more severe.

When I came to Baylor, she was one of the people who made me feel most welcome, and was an important part of this place that she served so well.

Comments:
Amen

wjc
 
Oh no. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She was always smiling around the library!
 
I regret not getting to know her better
I only talked to her a couple of times when looking for materials, but she was always energetic and friendly
 
Osler I am so sorry that you lost your friend.

My mother died of Ovarian Cancer. The worst thing about Ovarian Cancer is that is is very hard to detect, and the symptoms are easily masked. Often it is diagnosed after it is too advanced (because the ovaries are such small organs) and has become metastatic.

NOT to sound like a public Service announcement, but there is one test that is very simple to take for this and it is good for anyone who has a history of the disease in their family. It is called the CA-125 and it is a simple blood test.

I planted several trees for my mom, I like the idea of memorial trees.

I know you will find a way to celebrate the life of your friend in a way that she would have found meaningful and that helps you to grieve.
 
i thought she had turned the corner. terrible shock. my best to her family and friends.
 
So sad. What a friendly person she was.
 
Hi,

I appreciate the nice post on Susan. As a long-time family friend, I'd like to make a donation to the Baylor Law library in her memory. Do you know how I might do that?

bmactexas@hotmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#