Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

IPLawGuy sent me this, and I don't know what to say.


Comments:
Yes, that is Angelina Jolie.

And, no, it was not painted by a member of my family, thanks.
 
Umm. Yeah, speechless would be a good place to start. Cognitive dissidence might be the only healthy response to this image, which is kind of wrong in so many ways. I like her lips, though.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qyE6WEq76E

kinda stupid, but on point.
 
I've always wished I was more of a cognitive dissident myself.

This is an excerpt from the comic strip replacing Foxtrot in the Washington Post
 
I would inevitalkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,l,kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,kl,l,kkkkkkkkkkk.,,,,,,,,,,,klkl.lk.k,kl..;lkkly
say something about how it's impolite to clean your keyboard out while you're trying to type a comment.

Oh, and something about puffalumps, of course.
 
All I can say is:

THE APOCALYPSE! THE END OF THE WORLD! IT'S COMING!
 
I totally do not "get" Angelina Jolie. I do not get Brad Pitt either. I do not really understand why anyone would want to hang out with them, or why they like each other, or whatever. I mean I do not GET IT.

Clooney, I get. Most famous people I do not. I mean, where is real beauty these days anyway? I mean real physical beauty, you do not see it that often. Here are the people that I think were extraordinary looking: Osler of course (it IS his blog...), Cary Grant, Clooney, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Vendela, Paulina Porizkova, Meryl Streep, Chris Noth, Princess Diana, Ingrid Bergman, Robert Redford...

But I mean LINDSAY LOHAN???? Paris Hilton??? The Olsen Twins??? Are you kidding?

Many of these "stars" today are just EWWWW you know? Same with Angelina Jolie. She is just weird. I mean its all subjective, but I think I am a generation or two behind as far as who is really great looking.
 
I'd simply say:

"Thanks" or send him back a couple of Benneton ads with the note, "I thought you might like these."

But that's just me.
 
This painting is a sad commentary on modern society. Truly, celebreties have replaced God, for many, as the most important thing in their life. The appropriation of religious imagery to exhalt Ms. Jolie makes this point crystal clear.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#