Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Aaaugggh! School is Going to Start!!! Aaauggggh!



I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling a little panicky about school starting again. I'm still not used to this herky-jerky stop and start schedule; all my other jobs required me to work about 51 weeks a year and you just never stopped.

Did I forget how to teach? Will I just stand there and gape? How do I turn on my computer? Who is the guy with the long hair who hangs around the hall? What if I oversleep and skip my final exam? Errrggh.

Comments:
What on earth? That's your mom?

No wonder she made you eat mittens--I always get stuck doing that for unrush.
 
I've now had nightmares two nights in a row about forgetting my schedule, showing up late to class, going to class on the wrong day, forgetting my laptop, forgetting my books, not doing my reading... I always get nervous toward the end of a break, especially a long one in the middle of a quarter. I guess it's comforting to know that happens to professors too. Comforting, or terrifying. Whichever.
 
RG--

Maybe on Monday I can ask you an incredibly dumb question, you can give me a blank look, and we can both move on.
 
Awesome. I can handle that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#