Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

Baylor Again at the Center of Religious Battles...

As many of you know, Baylor University has for several years been embroiled in a rancorous debate over its religious identity. It appears that this debate has now reached the Law School.

As I walked into the school today, I could not miss the large sign hanging from Superbear out front saying "Vote Christ."

While this is a sentiment I agree with, I hope that such statements don't invite some kind of come-back from the opposing camp (ie, "No to Christ"), leading to an open religious war at the law school.

Comments:
Actually, I have a crusade scheduled for 1:00 to liberate the lounge from the infidels.

So, I may be running late for class.

Just an FYI.

Side question: I need to bring in my trebuchet. Which doors should I use?
 
Um, I think the bear is saying "Vote Chris." You know, Fahrfenblogger.
 
Actually, it's a dual-purpose sign that works as a Rorschach test for all who see it. I figured that if you see "Vote Chris!" then you might vote for Chris, and if you see it as "Vote Christ" then you might vote for the only candidate whose name actually means "bearer of Christ."

http://sothebearsays.blogspot.com/2006/12/election-journal-5.html
 
So... THAT'S what Fahrenbloffer means! I have been wondering.
 
to v.r.- use the side door
 
Traditionally, trebuchet were built on site. So, just pick a spot and lug in the lumber as needed. It should fit through any door piecemeal.
 
crusade went as planned.

We lost Baker early. He was taken down by a volley of flaming arrows from somewhere near the coffee maker.

It was a sad day.

I did steal some "relics" (a vending machine and the ping pong paddles)as spoils of war.

The infidels had been using them far too long.

I also "liberated" the pool table, but that is being offered as tribute to His Excellency, Cardinal Fahrfenlopper.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#