Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Winter Driving Tips



In Michigan, we know a thing or two about driving in snow. Rule number one is to have the right vehicle, such as the one pictured here. You will notice that it has no problem driving in the snow.

Also, putting chains on your tires will help a lot with traction, both in the winter and in the summer! Plus, they are a cheap and easy upgrade to your vehicle.

Also, you may want to consider installing a Christmas wreath on the front of your car or truck. Not only does it provide a nice Christmas-y touch to the vehicle, but it helps buffer you in a festive holiday car wreck. If that occurs, you will love the aroma that is released by the impact with the pine boughs!

Finally, always have an "emergency kit" in the trunk in case of car trouble. At the very least, this kit should contain:

Parka w/ firearm
1997 Texas fishing regulations booklet
Tracheotomy tools
Cheerleader outfit
Steaks (Ribeye or filet mignon)
Gloves, hat, mask, & demand note
Authentic Deutscher Meister Foosball Table
Emergency pet
Clock
Volleyball or badmitten net
Gasoline or lighter fluid in precariously balanced, uncapped Dr. Pepper bottle
CB radio
Public radio program guide
Wii game console
Air mattress
"Monty Python" tape on Betamax cartridge
Cooler w/ beer
Extra printer cartridges
Foam "#1" finger
Advocacy notebook
Emergency Advent calender
Protective cup
German-English dictionary

Comments:
You are a strange man.
 
Don't mess with me. I have a volleyball net (in my trunk).
 
you forgot the tv w/ built in betamax player. how can you play wii and/or your beta-max cartridges?
 
I have most of these things. In fact, that bright orange vehicle and my eight passenger van look remarkably similar.

What is SKUNGE?

AND Where is HAIKU FRIDAY? Has it been postponed?

I am going to compose one anyway, even in your absence:

What the heck is Skunge?
Please translate this word for me.
Is it sold Online?
 
Never mind, I looked it up. Pretty sure it is not sold Online.
 
Tyd--

Um, it isn't Friday yet, even in your time zone. Maybe you need that clock and advent calender from the trunk...
 
GED3--

Two. But, of course, you need to have proper authorization, and those documents, together with the car's title, your mortgage, two forms of ID, and marriage or adoption certificates, should all be in the trunk, too.
 
If I put all that in my trunk, where will I hide the bodies???
 
No foosball table???
 
Snap! I forgot, BlueGapper-- I'll fix that.

Thanks for the bump.
 
I think Fahrenthold stole the word skunge from www.urbandictionary.com.
 
Either that, or the Urban Dictionary is right on top of things, and added the word once it started getting used at BLS.
 
The last time we drove together in the winter you almost forgot to bring "rockin' tunes." And you left them off this list too!
 
IPLG--

That vehicle in the picture, if you recall, is from that trip! I almost used the photo of you installling the chains...
 
I have a copy in my scrapbook. Remember, I took some photos that week too. And money talks
 
You forgot a few things--at least I used to put these useful items in the back of my Chevette to weigh it down a bit in the snow--rear wheel drive is not recommended for icey conditions:
-200 pounds of softner salt
-a full tank of LP gas
-random firewood
-a can of water chestnuts
-several odd friends dressed in winter gear so they can push if necessary
-an extra 8-track player (w/ quadraphonic sound!)
-suntan lotion
 
Suntan lotion? How unreliable was your 'vette?
 
I'm disturbed by your lack of the following items in the emergency kit:

- A box of dried out wetnaps
- An unopened can of Skoal or potted meat
- A trailer hitch without a ball or car jack without a handle
- A frozen can of instant tire repair foam
- An unopened pack of baseball cards (preferably Dunlop '86)
- A He-Man action figure
- A road map of West Virginia
- Half a box of toothpicks
- A spare gas cap
- Bea Arthur
 
So... that's where Bea Arthur has been. I was wondering.
 
It's a pain going to the bathroom when you have a protective cup on under all that winter gear. But if Bea Arthur is around, it is still a good idea.
 
That's what you're trying to tell me, Ryan?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone withdrawal[/url][/b]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#