Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Important News About Bates...



It seems there is a new BLS blog in town, by yet another 1L I won't meet for another two years. Did you guys know I have never actually met Swanburg? It's true. Anyways, the mysterious Yee of Little Faith recounts that today Prof. Bates revealed in Contracts that he was a professional foosball player. I'm sure that some people think he was just blowing gas on this, but I can verify that it is true. I know it is true, because the gentleman has kicked my heinie in foosball.

I first learned of this talent on a trip we made a few years ago to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I realize that this is an odd destination, but we had our reasons. Reason one was a Bob Dylan concert there (which was excellent), and the second reason was that we wanted to climb the highest peak in all of Iowa (which we accomplished, despite having to buy off a very nice farmer with some Waco keychains). During the trip, we happened upon a foosball table, and Prof. Bates claimed to be a former pro. I scoffed, but not for long-- he has this amazing move where his little guy is trapping the ball, then there is a loud banging noise, then the ball is in your goal. It is pretty incredible. Now I believe.

We also went to see the minor league team in Sioux Falls, the Canaries. You can see Prof. Bates in the photo with the Canary mascot. Something interesting there... you know how mascots will but their arm or wing or whatever over your shoulder for a photo? Check out the Canary's body language-- he obviously is guarding against some kind of attack from Prof. Bates. And that is saying something, given that at the time the Canary shared mascotting duties with some volunteer posing as Jorge The Deranged Army Guy.

Comments:
Since he isn't working for the Canaries anymore, can "Jorge The Deranged Army Guy" be the Baylor Law Mascot?
 
I also like the little girl desperately trying to get Prof. Contract's autograph. She must be a real die-hard foosball fan.
 
Actually, she was just a real fan of Prof. Bates. She didn't know about the foosball thing.
 
Tip: If you put 2 beers on the foosball table while you're playing, Bates gets distracted and you should have no problem beating him. Don't bother if you only have 1 beer--Bates could beat an admirable opponent with 1 arm tied behind his back (or holding a beer).
 
I'm just relieved you're not posting another shot of Prof. Bates in bondage. That got a little weird ... although putting him in handcuffs may be a good way to beat him at foosball
 
The meeting day is quickly approaching. I have to pick up my Christmas CD at some point and I'm thinking Friday is the day.
 
I'm mysterious? Awesome. Suddenly, I feel like Batman.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#