Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

I suspect that maybe, perhaps, I just had a great idea...



So this morning about 11, I'm sitting there staring at my phone, which was about to ring. I knew that because there was going to be a conference call on the Supreme Court briefings in US v. Claiborne, and the big cheeses were supposed to phone me so we could confer on what I was going to write. Probably I should have been rifling through documents, making sure that I was ready to defend my ideas about the case, have cites ready to go, blah, blah. But, right then, I had a really good idea.

The Baylor blogs have become pretty interesting, as shown by the impressive and varied list to the left. My thought is that we need to have an awards show for the blogs, maybe during the dead days of February. We could have some key categories (ie, most revealing post, worst photo, etc.), and a few of us could come up with the nominees, then open it up to on-line voting. After that, we could have an awards show at some prestigious local establishment (ahem... not the law library), with perhaps a lifetime achievement award for Fahrenholt, complete with a weepy video montage and surprise appearance by Plan B.

Right as I was putting together some categories, the phone rang. Dang it.

Comments:
We (um, I) are (um, am) always on the lookout for semi-solicited self-aggrandizing fora to play. Plan B lives...and just for you, I may post the lyrics to "The Ballad of Promgate" in someone's comment section someday.
 
I sure hope that you folks get that Claiborne/Rita mess sorted out quickly. It's causing me problems.

-B
 
Wouldn't it be poetic justice to have Plan B perform "The Ballad of Promgate" in the very law library in which Promgate occurred?
 
There is another Baylor Law blog:
http://celebritytidbits.blogspot.com

It offers law students an opportunity to stay involved in pop culture.
 
I think the only one around here who was ever involved in Pop Culture is Bates, and that is only because of that one-hit-wonder band he was in.
 
I say we use Fred & Wally's. It's across from the court house and if I recall correctly, it was the favored watering hole of SoTheBearSays.

I'll pull some strings and get the place all set up for Plan B. It will be a night of good cheer and much libations.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#