Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Could this be how Switzerland stays out of war: They can't commit?

I received another missive from Swissgirl, as follows:

"Another Honorable Mention, if you have room:

ryanlindly, for his stimulating but vaguely troubling series of haiku. I considered it, but the naked midgets paired with Chinese children was just a bit much for the imagination.

Maybe these prizes should be broken down into categories, like the Oscars:

Best Single Haiku
Best Haiku Series
Best Foreign Word Usage
Most Literary
Most Legal
Most Outrageous First Use of a Word in a Haiku
Most Baylor-esque

This is only because I resist picking one winner . . . maybe a female thing."

Comments:
Ok THis is the wrong place for these, but I thought you would appreciate them. I dedicate them to the memory of our dear departed BO. They are truly stupid... yet necessary

RIP,Bo. Go Blue.

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Buckeye joke?"
The guy replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I am 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State Graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2", 225 lbs. and he is an Ohio State Graduate. The guy right next to him is 6'5", 250 lbs. and he is also an Ohio State Graduate. Now, you still wanna tell me that joke?" The first guy says, "No, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times"


Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground? All five books in the library were completely destroyed.... the football team is really upset by the fire; they hadn't colored in two of the books yet!



What's the only sign of intelligent life in Columbus?

Ann Arbor: 187 Miles



What are the three longest years of a Ohio State football player's life? His freshman year.

I apologize ahead of time.
 
If you're going to break it down, include a "funniest" or the one that makes the reader laugh.
 
And add a "cereal mentioning" category.
 
Yes, I think Funniest Haiku would be a good category. There are plenty that would be contenders.
 
Ohio State Rah!
Assigned the Buckeyes at One
They ate their Wheaties
 
Back in Hueco town,
Missouri was cold enough,
Home again, I am.
 
Osler,

Did you see the winners of the State Bar Appellate Section's haiku contest? They're published in The Appellate Advocate.

Your readers write much better haiku than those folks.

-B
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#