Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Can I get a pocket part?


Something exciting is happening in the staid world of law reviews. More and more journals are starting web-only versions which provide quicker turn-around, greater relevance to the real world, and shorter pieces. To see a good example, check this out.

Probably, these are transition journals-- a step between the paper-based world of the past, and the electronic world of the future (and present). It will change the way people like me write, and the things we write about, and that is a good thing. Some things, like baking bread, are best done the old way. And some old ways will fall away.

Comments:
Whatever your holding looks delicious.
I'm sure the stuff in the actual post is cool too. Look how it swirls...
 
And what about justice? It seems to me that concept fits nicely here.
 
Brian McKinney--

That is cinnamon bread I made up in the Boundary Waters a few years ago. It was... awesome.

The only problem was that I kind of butchered it because I did not (at the time) have a decent bread knife.
 
Luckily, you had fingers, which can double as a bread knife.
 
try making that cinnamon roll w/ poppyseed instead, its very delicious.
 
Oh, sure, those poppyseeds seem like a great idea until you get drug tested for your temp job as a security guard! Trust me, dude, it happened to me.
 
The roll reminds me of one my Mother used to make for Sunday dinners. Nice memory! Very nice blog!
Abby
 
Remember the "star chamber" scene from the second Planet of the Apes movie, where the underground humans start to interrogate Charlton Heston with something like mind drive laser beams... Maybe the future of law journals will be something like that.

Personally, I'd read more law review articles if the publishers gave away a loaf of bread with every issue.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#