Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Haiku Friday, pt. 4!


Did we need another reason to love Friday? Well now we have one-- Haiku Fridays! Based in heroic past efforts, I call on Swanburg and Poseur, Lindorama, Ladybird, J. Ray!, The Model, Sports Guy, Micah and A. Gill, Goth Girl (who submitted haiku late last week, but it was really good stuff), and GED3, Bosque Boys and IPlawGuy! Also, it would be great to hear from Future Law Student with the philosophical/plumbing blog, and her employer, not to mention the good folks at The Baylor Circus. And might we get our first spanish haiku from The Spanish Inquisitioner? Feel free to post both here and on your own blog-- I love cross-listing (but don't tell the Baylor administration I'm into cross-listing, ok?).

Oh, yes, prizes... this week's prize is that I will try to get Baylor Law's premier blogger and future professional writer, Christophe de Fahrenflanker to critique your haiku, then will post your haiku and the critique along with a photo of your choosing. Next week's prize will be the framed photo of Prof. Contracts.

Lee Carver beat me to the punch by posting his at 12:50 am, but I thought this one of his was particularly touching and poignant, and reminds me of our local federal Magistrate Judge:

Haiku Is Quite Strange
Talk Like Yoda I Feel Now
Small Green Man He Is

Remember, it is 5 beats for the first line, 7 for the second, then 5 for the third.

As for me, I'm still out here in Alpine. I woke up to the sound of trains and walked out and saw the stars. Do you think I should stay here and not go back to Waco?

Here in West Texas
I love the way the light falls
When night eats the day.

Comments:
Friday once again
Major history exam
democracy born
 
I'd like to clarify for those outside Waco that our Federal Magistrate Judge is not a "small green man," interesting as that might be at a detention hearing. Rather, he does a very good Yoda impersonation.
 
yummy yummy pills
anti-inflammatory
wrist pain go bye bye
 
Kim Jong has crazy nukes
I miss you Doctor Strangelove
Livin' La Vida Loca now
 
Please forgive my earlier lack of discretion. It was late and I forgot to turn on my Parental Control.

I'll try again.

Res Judicata
Collateral Estoppel
Same song, second verse.

No repetition!
If at first you don't succeed,
Face reality.
 
Chicago speaks again
Stash reminds me of Farva
Pre-nup excellent
 
I've never posted here for H F, so here is a smattering:

Ayn Rand would never
Bake you cookies shaped like trees.
Awful grandmother.

Red, yellow, black, white
To prove far right is big tent,
Pat eats all children.

The Scalloptini:
Scallop juice per part vodka,
Garnish with scallop

When Congress reads books
They don't ever need bookmarks.
They bend the pages.

Chinaman hear me:
Sad neon green chop suey
Becomes Nu River

No meat on the bones?
China lacks busty structures
Kiera Knightly, too.
 
Thank You God, I'm Done!!
I don't have to take finals
Hip Hip Hip Hooray!!

An ode (haiku?) to my mock trial partner GED3:

Gordon Davenport
If he can't do it, who can?
He is superman!
 
Osler's in Alpine.
I once went to Marathon.
Beautiful night skies.

Did you see Marfa?
Crazy unknown lights out there.
I think it's Martians.
 
leave me in the hive
weekends disrupt my routine
two days with no crutch

-B.
 
Hacer un haiku
En la lengua del Cid es
Inolvidable.
 
So i notice im a bad counter.... revised haiku

Now Chicago speaks
Stash reminds me of Farva
Pre-nup excellent
 
Mets blew it again
Cardinals wreck my weekend
Kick some butt, Detroit
 
Cool outside today
Short moments not hot nor cold
Brief Fall in Texas
 
Baylor Homecoming
I should not go to the game
Oh well, sic em bears!
 
Where has God gone? Lunch.
Ham and Salad. God is Dead!
Raw Spinach killed him.
 
Osler doesn’t know
That Poseur’s website has moved
Update your links, please.
 
spooky halloween
Donning masks, finding your brass
Ghosts and ghouls unseen
 
Oh, so you try to smoke me out of my San Diego moot courting daze vis deez ridonkulous feats of miniscule poetry?! Vell, you have succeeded, Herr Awslr. Judgment day looms...
 
Osler in Alpine
While we all pine for Osler
I found a wordsmith
 
Hotel is boring.
Bears don't work very hard do they?
I want to be one.
 
I counted wrong.

Revision:

Hotel is boring.
Fat bears don't work very hard.
I want to be one
 
Welcome to my house
Forgot to take out the trash
Hope you like bad smells
 
Hello there haiku,
This is my first time with you.
Will you be my friend?
 
A break from guess that theme, to make room for a haiku on the overpriced obsolete internet that we have:
Yahoo DSL,
Much too slow for me right now,
A new server, please!
 
Another haiku:
eMacs are old news,
They stopped making then in '05,
But ours serves us well.
 
Shopping in Dallas
Outlines first priority
Cause of lateness
 
M.P.R.E. Tip:
Don't cheat off your neighbors test
The questions differ.


Also cheating on ethics (or other)exam = bad idea.
 
puffalump bunny
tauntsme , tells, commands, demands
that I take a nap
 
My Sunday needed some Haiku Infusion... sorry for the tardiness.

Puppy hides her toys
Houdini canine, maybe?
Come back squeaky ball
 
Wrote excellent verse
But computer would not post
Too bad. I forgot
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#