Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

Everyone Loves a Parade!



I went down to the Baylor Homecoming parade, which seemed to feature a lot of homecoming princesses and queens and so on sitting in convertibles. Mixed in with them was our own Prof. Miller, who was honored as the Outstanding Professor from the Law School. While I was somewhat disappointed that she wasn't in fact the Homecoming Queen, she certainly deserves this honor, which is probably more important and reflects more directly an actual pattern of accomplishment. Plus, she threw me some candy.

Somewhat more disturbing was the float with the Pillsbury Dough-boy. Though I have no problem with the Dough-Boy himself, I was kind of worried about his girlfriend, a chicken. What's with that? Why does a dough-boy need a girlfriend, anyways? And why would she be from a completely different food group? I know it is all about marketing, but that is messed up.



Comments:
Nice tail. No wonder the Doughboy likes her.
 
What goes better with chicken than a nice roll?
 
as long as he doesnt go stay-puff on the city, the doughboy is fine with me.
 
Gonzo had the same proclivity. There must be a name for it.
 
I think they make a splendid couple. Besides, according to my mom, if you date in the same food group, there's a definite possibility of incest.

And how could we do without
- Chicken and biscuits
- Chicken pot pie
- Chicken sandwiches
 
What kind of float is that? The good kind get built in one night. Preferably starting around midnight.
 
And is that Dr. Beck sitting next to Miller?
 
you forgot chicken and dumplins!
 
Well, since the Dough-boy and I are both from Minnesota (it's that weird Pillsbury connection), I know for a fact that the chicken was put on there as some sort of huge decoy. Dough-boy told me he had sworn off chickens, once and for all, as was looking for a food trademark that was a little closer to humanoid than the chicken. The Michelin Man was making fun of him. Last time we talked he said something about a date with the White Star Tuna mermaid. Now he's hanging with another chicken? Sick.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#