Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Correction!


A few days ago, in discussing the Baylor v. Texas A & M game, I mistakenly identified the Texas A & M mascot as "Sarge," a drunk and sexually ambiguous soldier. I regret the error.

In response to my previous post, "Blue Gap Drifter" correctly noted that, "Actually A&M's official mascot is Reveille, in this case Reveille VII. Rev, as she is affectionately called in the Brazos Valley, is a full-blood collie and the first lady of Aggieland. Reveille is taken care of by the mascot corporal, a sophmore in the Corps of Cadets, and she goes to class with the student. If she barks in class the tradition is that class is dismissed immediately."

I apologize to Blue Gap Drifter and to all other A & M alums, a group which includes a large number of the best students I have taught at Baylor Law. I also apologize to Reveille (pictured above), who I am sure is a fine dog.

Because many people rely on Osler's Razor as their primary or sole source of news, I continue to be committed to accuracy and thorough coverage of important events. And Haiku.

Comments:
That dog doesn't look like a full blooded collie
 
What? That's not a Collie? Cripes, I can't get anything right anymore. Now the "First Lady of Aggieland" will probably bite me.
 
So, if "someone" were to release the bears from the pit and take them to class, it would be let out?
 
Dogs? Real schools, like William and Mary, have big green furry mascots with no relationship to anything. Or at least we did. Not anymore, I guess, due to the "retirement" of Col. Ebirt:

http://www.wm.edu/news/index.php?id=5246
 
"Duke"

dainty when eating
golf balls, tile, whataburgers
he slept, paws in air

-B.
 
Sarge or Reveille?
The 1Qs don't need either -
Cuz we've got Skeeter!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#