Monday, September 25, 2006

 

I think I threw up a little in my mouth

This morning I was all set to blog a nice little piece about the controversial giant bear statue that stands in front of Baylor Law School. For it to make sense, I need a photo of the bear, of course, so I set out across the internet. Oddly, there seems to be no photos available of The Giant Bear, and the virtual tour of Baylor Law at our web site almost seems to be avoiding him on purpose.

Anyways, having failed at that task I decided that if I could find a digital picture of a Gummy Bear, that might be just as good. That led me on quite a detour, and among other things I learned that from 1985-1991, Disney ran a cartoon about anthromorphic gummy bears who are only vaguely aware of nearby populations, yet work tirelessly to preserve their own distinctive and somewhat bizarre heritage (much like the people of Grosse Pointe).

My pursuit of Gummy photos then led me to this, which made me feel a little queasy and unable to do further research.

Comments:
http://law.baylor.edu/News/spiritwalker.htm
 
Thank you, Mr. Anonymous. If I had found this, I could have avoided the unpleasant physical reaction I suffered.
 
i think sothebearsays has a pic of the bear up somewhere in the archives...
 
That Baylor Bear is far too sleek and modern looking. What you need is one them Chain Saw Art Bears:
http://www.chainsawartwork.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=40
 
I remember watching the Gummy Bears! As a matter of fact, when I read this in my office, Matt walked by and we both broke out into the Gummy Bears theme song. Evidently, it's a slow day at the church...or a sad one.
 
Is this because I said the Gummi Bear out front gives me the willies?
 
Seriously, the Gummi Bears were awesome! [Gummi Beeeeeeeears...bouncing here and there and everywhere...]. You should find some reruns and have your kids watch them. There were always good life lessons, not the least of which is that gummi berry juice is to be used for the good of all, not the joy of some.
 
I like Spiritwalker. As far as bear statues go, he's my favorite. What Baylor needs is more bare statues, such as:

http://uslessthings.blogspot.com/2006/08/jenna-jamesons-wax-statue.html

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE9072
 
Aw, I loved the Gummy Bear cartoon, but the show did make feel pretty guilty for eating the candy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#