Wednesday, February 09, 2011

 

Three videos about Clippy

Several years ago I switched completely over to Apple products. I wish I could list a bunch of reasons, but the bare fact is that I was just cheesed off at Clippy.

For those of you who don't remember him, Clippy was a feature of Microsoft Windows. He was an annoying little animated paperclip who would constantly pop up, make assumptions and then suggest painfully obvious "hints." Most often, regardless of what you were doing, he would pop up and say "It looks like you are trying to write a letter!" Ugh-- it still makes me mad.

Please feel free to share your own memories of Clippy.






Comments:
Go ahead, Razorites, take a byte of the Apple.

You will not die . . . but Clippy will.
 
I liked Clippy. He was always very helpful when I was writing a letter.
 
Have you ever heard the "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" where they go off on Clippy because Paula Poundstone didn't know who he was? It's hilarious! It includes a trip to the woods wth a baseball bat and an unmarked grave.
 
Personally, I always wanted to smash the screen when Clippy showed up. Then, I just disabled that function and, yes, I am still using a PC. :)

On another note... why, oh why, have you not gone ice fishing yet???
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41432433/ns/travel-destination_travel/
 
It looks like you are trying to write a blog post about Clippy. Would you like help with this task?
 
Macs rule! I left for the Apple world with the Apple II, progressed to the first Mac, and have never seen a reason to go back.

Every time I hear one of my friends complain about what Windows has messed up this time, I just smile.

thank heavens all I know about Clippy is what my less fortunate friends said in between bouts of invective.

Lee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#