Friday, September 25, 2026

 

Haiku Friday: Dinner with anyone!

 


It's a familiar game: if you could have dinner with anyone, who would you choose? Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:

President Lincoln:
Do you have dietary
Restrictions to share?

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!

Comments:
Disciple Peter
Long to hear all his stories
Beginning to end
 
How dare you steal him,
Professor? —my Glory date!
Suffer, Triumph—Abe.
 
I would give all that
I have for just one more meal
With my dear mother
 
Gloria Steinem
and St. Paul as guests, I would
just sit and listen
 
Carolyn and Art
Crab cakes and Yuengling set out
While we reminisce
 
Dinner with Warhol
Maybe he’d take my photo
And sign it for me
 
Dinner with Nora
Great conversation and
Maybe she will cook

(The late Nora Ephron)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#